What Our Customers are Saying on Google
5 Star Review
Replacement of gas hot water storage with Stellar 330, Fantastic responsive service from Shannon - arrived on time, removed old tank and charged what was quoted. Spent time showing me how to operate the pilot light/gas ignition. Would recommend
What I love about the Rheem Stellar 330 or the 360 is the fact that the cold water in the tank gets heated up twice you could say. If you look at the pictures above. On the left is a traditional gas storage hot water system which is a 135 litre tank.
Notice the flue which allows the burnt gases or heat you could say escape from the heater. So to explain this the heat comes from the bottom and passes through a tube down the centre of the tank and that heat is transferred into the walls of the pipe and therefore into the water. Now the bonus with the Rheem Stellar is that you may notice in the other picture on the Right is that the flue is at the bottom front of the tank. Well this is interesting.
The heat from the gas burner not only heats the water in the tank on the way up but now also on the way down via another heating transfer system. This allows the most amount of energy created by the burner to be transferred into the metal of the tank and therefore into the water within the tank. This is how by a simple adjustment the Rheem Stellar is able to be 1.5-2 Energy Stars greater then a conventional gas storage hot water heater and is rated as a 5 Star gas storage system. This is one of the reasons I love this heater.
Would I pay more for a Stellar over a traditional tank. Absolutely, if the energy saving isn't enough reason then the speed in which the water regains its heat should be as it is remarkably faster. The $200-300 difference over 15 years is minimal.
Rheem Stellar 330 Installed $1649
Rheem Stellar 330 is a 130 Litre Storage Gas Hot Water Heater that has an amazing hot water recovery rate. 200 litres per hour recovery. Perfect hot water system for any household. My personal review of this system is that it is the best domestic storage hot water system and even perfect for small blocks of flats and apartments.
This hot water system installed for $1649 INCL GST Installed
For the Rheem Stellar 330 Stainless Steel Model add an Extra $200 to this price
Increase the system size to a Rheem Stellar 360 price is a little more, the 160l hot water system add an extra $100
(Personal option. Rheem 330 vs 360. It's not worth the extra cost as it only gives you an extra 30 litres in the first hour. Rheem Stellar 330 and 360 have the same recovery rate at 200 litres per hour)
What is included? (Change Over, New for Old)
New Rheem Stellar 330
- 1 x 130 litre Rheem Stellar - 330 litres of hot water in the first hour and 200 litres each hour after that
- Removal of your old storage gas hot water system
- Installation of the New Rheem Steller 330 gas hot water system
- Connections made to your existing pipe system
- If a new hot water main valve is required it will cost an extra $45. Only a 20% chance.
- Copper pipe allowance is 4 metres. Pipe required over 4 metres is an extra $45 per metre installed.
- Note: If you are changing from an electric hot water system to a new gas one you may need to extend the gas line to the nearest gas service. This will cost the same $45 per metre from the hot water position to the existing gas pipe. (Example: extra gas pipe required is 4 metres @ $45 per metre = $180 + the Rheem Stella install cost. Total = $1779
Plumbers Rheem Stellar 330 Review:
The Rheem Stellar 330 and or 360 models are in most plumbers opinions one of the top systems available for large families with room to install a tank. Great Choice! These systems are almost fully hot before we drive away. Rheem also have a perfect record of follow up warranty service and are super fast. I only have praise for Rheem.
- Rheem Stellar's Massive 330 Litres of hot water in the first hour with only smallish 130 Litre Tank
- Reheats 200 litres per hour
- Slim Design. Round front and square to the wall.
- 10 year warranty on the storage cylinder and SuperFlue
- 5 year labour warranty on the cylinder and SuperFlue
- 12 month warranty on labour and parts
- 5 star energy rating
- Innovative styling blends with the external home environment
- Rheem Steller 330 SuperFlue increases both efficiency and performance